National Resources has traditionally supplied the metal distribution market with a range of high quality aluminium rolled products including sheet, tread plate, coil and plate products. As well as the direct importing supply option, we have broadened our market offer by carrying stocks of sheet and tread plate, thereby giving our metal distributor clients the option of short lead-time ex-stock metal, stored at our Carrum Downs Warehouse. Please contact us for a current stock list showing our comprehensive stocks of:
- 5052 “O” 5 Bar Tread plate
- 3003 H22/H24 Propeller/Bright Tread plate
- 5005 H34 Mill Finish Sheet
Other products we supply into this market via the cost effective “indent” shipment option include:
- 5005& 5052 series sheet/plate/treadplate up to 2000mm wide
- 5083 plate up to 2400 mm wide
- Mill Brite/ Linished High Lustre 5XXX series sheet
- Ultra wide 3XXX series coil for Truck/Transport Roofing
- Aluminium Circles in 1XXX & 3XXX series
- Slit Coil in 1XXX, 3XXX & 5XXX series Alloys
- Painted Coils
- High Quality 6xxx & 2xxx series machine bar sourced from Eural-Italy
Given our broad range of sourcing options from hi-quality, independent mills in Europe, Asia and USA, we can often assist with those niche or specialized products difficult to source.
One of our traditional markets has been the supply of plain and coated light gauge Aluminium Coil commonly referred to as Finstock. This product is supplied directly to manufacturers of Commercial Air conditioners and Heat Exchangers.
Whilst aluminium is traditionally used for this application due to its natural anti-corrosion & heat dissipation properties, in recent years, there has been a swing to use coated products for these applications. The coated product allows manufacturers/designers to reduce the weight and amount of aluminium used (i.e. reduce cost), and/or increase the performance of the unit due to increased fin area and/or increase the corrosion resistance for corrosive environments (i.e. salt, pollution etc.).
These Finstock coils have specialized epoxy or water based coatings providing Hydrophobic or Hydrophilic properties that permit thinner gauge aluminium to be used.
Products traditionally used in this market include:
- 8XXX series alloys, with Phos-chromation (Bare).
- 8XXX series alloys, with Phos-chomation, in line epoxy or water based lacquers, for high corrosion resistance.
- 1XXX & 8XXX series alloys (Bare).